Friday, September 4, 2009

New Sounds



The apartment is very much as I left it, which is a pleasure. The only addition I've noticed so far is auditory. We've been having a lot of rain, not heavy, but steady. Somewhere in a neighboring building, they've changed or added something on the rooftop that affects the flow of rainwater. Once the rains get going, I hear a heavy, repeated plunking that sounds exactly like a sneaker in a dryer. It lasts until the rain stops. Not the most romantic of rain-on-the-roof noises, but charming in its own way.

Oh, that's the view out my kitchen window. It's so hard to photograph rain. You can tell that it has rained, but not that it's actually drizzling at the time of the photo. Anyway, pretty obviously I didn't fall in love with this apartment because of the views...

No comments: