Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Plants

OK, lots of pics today to make up for yesterday's word-a-thon.

My friends from Haedo (outside the captial limit, sort of like the Long Island of Buenos Aires), Hector Adrian and Silvana (and their daughter Michaela) took me to a plant store and I got lots of plants. Here's our balcony. The doors on the right lead into the bedroom.



Bobby says they'll all die as soon as I leave. I say there's no reason I can't kill them before that.

This is the balcony from the other direction. The front door is just to the right of the dracena (I thought it was a palm. Nope.) You can see the inner courtyard we face (we're the third and top floor.) You can also see that our neighbors have all closed in their balconies with glass to make them interior spaces. It makes ours nice and private. See those five or so bright leaves on a little plant next to the dracena? That's an avocado I started here last April. It died back in winter, but just sprouted.



Bobby loathes variegated plants, and I've come to mostly agree with him. But I like this one.



I put three shrubs outside the kitchen window.



This is looking in from the balcony to the living room.



And a couple of apartment pics, for those of you who haven't see it. Here's the living room as you'd see it if you were standing on the kitchen counter.



Both sets of doors lead out to the balcony (first pic) and our new plants.



I don't feel like tidying the bedroom right now, so no pics of that today.

No comments: